Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What's Happening today

It's Tuesday which is usually a slow day however that's not the case today. I went to the Greystone Athletic Club today to get in my morning workout and was watching Fox and Friends. Laura Ingram was on talking about the problems parents were having in Washington DC concerning their ability to secure school vouchers. Seems the Dem's who hate vouchers are cutting out the program.
Ingram was enraged about it saying, "it's only $14 million, it's a drop in the bucket." Then the Fox female host says, "yes this is a program that helps many of these families who are headed by single moms." I wanted to PUKE.
This is why I'm not a Dem or a Repub because when it comes to their favorite program it's OK to spend taxpayers money. My response is simple, let people have their own money and let them take care of their families as they see fit. Diverting money to single mom's is no better then diverting money to anyone else....it's still redistribution of wealth...my wealth and your wealth. I truly do believe we need a new party in this country. We need to get away from these two parties who put personal and partisan interests before national interests. We need a party that will adhere to the Founders beliefs in the Constitution, until that happens the insanity in Washington DC will continue.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about the need for a new party, but wouldn't it perhaps be more effective to refurbish the Republican Party? Can we not change it, and take it by storm?

    I fear that a third party is looming, and if it comes to fruition we had dang well better be sure to start on the local level around the nation and develop the true conservative party, and not simply divide the part of the electorate that we will need to be successful.

    I think we need to look at revitalizing the republicans first. If we can change it back into the party of Ideas we will overcome.

    ReplyDelete