Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday May 13th 2009

OK so yesterday Scott my producer gets a couple of calls from listeners who are upset that I used the Chevy Chase piece from 'Christmas Vacation', the out take from 'Network' where the main character says "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" and I finished up with a piece from 'Wayne's World' the great "yeah and monkeys might fly out of my butt."
I've been using those drops for almost a decade and that's the first time I've had anyone call to complain.....go figure. Seems to me many of us are probably muttering harsher things then that with what this administration is doing to our country. Their absolute fiscal irresponsibility is amazing to me. What also amazes me is the folks who complained about how Bush was spending like a crazy man and now have no problem with this President. The spending spree by this new administration and the Democrat controlled Congress makes Bush look like a penny pincher.
I was talking to Dan Harpool of Complete Computing during a break in the show yesterday and told him how I feared for the future of this great nation. I'm on the downside of my life, however I really fear for my children and most of all my grand children. I don't believe our grand children will see the America freedoms we grew up to enjoy and that their standard of living will be well below ours.
Let's finish up with several stories, one shows that Congress is going to target you for more taxes. Two, April consumer spending was down. No shock to me there and I won't be running out to buy stuff as I watch gas prices jump nearly 50 cents in three weeks, and finally be careful in how much tonsil hockey and other sex games you play.
Talk to you later.

YIL
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment